OVERVIEW | COURSES | FORMAT | OUTCOMES | REGISTRATION
CPC Career Development Practitioner
(CDP) Certificate Program
Upgrade your competencies with Career Professionals of Canada’s Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Certificate Program.
This is an part-time, fully facilitated online program. If you want to develop a broad base of understanding and expand your knowledge of the profession, this intensive program is ideal. You will build a foundation in these Career Development competency areas: Ethics, Theory, Employment, Interview, and Resume.
This 200-hour distance learning program consists of 5 core courses. The program runs year-round and is delivered in modular fashion. Courses can be taken in any order. You can select courses based on your interest and professional development needs. You can complete the program at your own pace. Just select, register, and pay for courses as you are ready to take them.
The program is aligned to the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs). Upon completion, you will be fully prepared to apply for your Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) Certifications. CDP-01 and CDP-02 will help you meet the mandatory minimum requirements for Ethics and Theory so that you can pursue your provincial Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) certification.
Program Status: Registration Open
Course Dates and Times: Check events schedule.
Program Duration: 5 courses, 200 hours
Program Prerequisite: Prior experience or a diploma in a related area is recommended.
Program Completion: Students must achieve a grade of at least 80% in all five courses to successfully complete the program.
Accreditation: CPC Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Certificate upon successful completion of the program.
|CDP-01||Career Development Ethics & Standards20 hours (2 weeks)|
|CDP-02||Career Development Theory, Models & Practices40 hours (4 weeks)|
|CDP-03||Employment Interview Coaching 50 hours (5 weeks)|
|CDP-04||Career Transition Consulting50 hours (5 weeks)|
|CDP-05||Advanced Resume Development50 hours (5 weeks)|
Distance Education | Fully Facilitated | Online Program | 5 Courses | 200 hours
This custom-designed, fully facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
Proactive class participation is encouraged and required. Discussion forums enable you to participate when it is convenient for you, rather than at a specific time. A messaging system gives you real-time interaction between session leaders and other students who are online.
As this program is offered online, you must have reliable Internet access and be comfortable using Internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums. You will be expected to spend a similar amount of time on this program as you would in a classroom-based environment of 200 hours.
Areas of Employment:
- Educational Institutions
- Universities and College Career Centres
- Career Counselling Firms
- Employment Agencies
- Outplacement Firms
- Independent Career Practices
- Social Services Organizations
- Rehabilitation Services
- Guidance and Vocational Services
- Resume Writing Firms
- Corporate Human Resources
- Organizational Development Firms
- Recruitment Firms
- Professional Associations
- Career Professional (Career Development Professional, Career Development Practitioner, Career Practitioner, Career Strategist, Career Consultant, Career Management Consultant, Career Coach, Career Counsellor, Career Support Worker, Career Educator)
- Employment Professional (Employment Practitioner, Employment Strategist, Employment Consultant, Employment Coach, Employment Counsellor, Employment Support Worker, Employment Educator)
- Outplacement Consultant (Outplacement Professional, Outplacement Practitioner, Outplacement Coach, Outplacement Counsellor)
- Interview Coach (Interview Consultant, Employment Interview Coach, Employment Interview Consultant, Interview Strategist, Employment Interview Strategist)
- Resume Writer (Resume Development Practitioner, Resume Strategist)
- Job Search Strategist (Job Search Consultant, Job Search Coach, Career Transition Strategist, Career Transition Consultant, Career Transition Coach, Social Media Strategist, Social Media Consultant, Social Networking Strategist, Social Networking Coach)
- Job Developer (Placement Coordinator, Work Experience Coordinator, Work Development Officer)
- Vocational Counsellor (Vocational Rehabilitation Worker, Rehabilitation Counsellor, Guidance Counsellor, Work Development Officer)
UPCOMING COURSES & PRICING
|CODE||COURSE||NEXT START||COURSE ENDS||REGULAR||CPC MEMBERS|
|CDP-03||Employment Interview Coaching 50 hours (5 weeks)||August 28, 2017||September 29, 2017||$990||$495|
|CDP-05||Advanced Resume Development50 hours (5 weeks)||September 11, 2017||October 13, 2017||$990||$495|
|CDP-01||Career Development Ethics & Standards20 hours (2 weeks) |
|September 18, 2017||September 29, 2017||$590||$295|
|CDP-02||Career Development Theory, Models & Practices40 hours (4 weeks) |
|October 2, 2017||October 27, 2017||$790||$395|
|CDP-04||Career Transition Consulting 50 hours (5 weeks)||October 16, 2017||November 17, 2017||$990||$495|
|CDP-01||Career Development Ethics & Standards20 hours (2 weeks)||January 8, 2018||January 19, 2018||$590||$295|
|CDP-02||Career Development Theory, Models & Practices40 hours (4 weeks)||January 29, 2018||February 16, 2018||$790||$395|
|CDP-03||Employment Interview Coaching 50 hours (5 weeks)||February 26, 2018||March 30, 2018||$990||$495|
|CDP-04||Career Transition Consulting 50 hours (5 weeks)||April 9, 2018||May 11, 2018||$990||$495|
|CDP-05||Advanced Resume Development50 hours (5 weeks)||May 28, 2018||June 29, 2018||$990||$495|
|CDP-01||Career Development Ethics & Standards20 hours (2 weeks)||August 6, 2018||August 6, 2018||$590||$295|