This site is for Career Practitioners serving the Canadian Labour Market. We strictly adhere to The Code of Ethics that serves as the foundation for the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners.
Career Professionals of Canada offers site users (visitors, learners, and instructors) access to forums and one-on-one real-time chatting for the purpose of professional development, information sharing, relationship development, and credibility building. These features of the site are for the use and enjoyment of our users.
All content is moderated, which means that your profile, posts, and activity are monitored for approved content by our moderators. For your protection and to minimize any site vulnerabilities, we have a record of chat transcripts (including one-on-one chats).
Always adhere to these ethical rules of engagement:
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name, password and any other account access information that may be provided to you. Do not provide your user name and password to others. Your online chat conversations and transcripts are for you. More importantly, by keeping your password private, you will help ensure that your identity will not be used by other people in a way that does not represent you well.
- Maintain your authenticity. Display your real name and truthful information you would like to share. Do not use pseudonyms or another user’s account for posting purposes.
- Course forums are for registered users. We ask that you honour this by not providing others with direct links to our forums or transcripts. Also, do not modify, copy, or translate any resources provided here. If you would like to quote another user or resource, always seek permission directly from the person. When you post the information, include the proper attributions.
- You are responsible for your own communications and the consequences of your postings to this site. It is not appropriate to copy and post articles, emails or other information without the express permission of the author. Material protected under copyright may only be shared or reproduced with the express permission of the copyright owner. If you are posting outside material on this site, always get the approval of the writer and/or organization and attribute them.
- Respect the privacy of others and refrain from sharing any identifying information regarding past, existing, or potential clients. For example, if you are discussing a problem with a client, provider, or colleague, do not name that person or where they work. Do not include any information that may help someone “figure out” who you are speaking about. You may feel the need to “vent” but don’t post anything that may convey negativity towards any other individual or organization. Instead, explain the problem and how you handled it or ask for advice from your colleagues.
- Always conform to electronic etiquette. Please keep your content constructive, respectful, practical, and relevant. Do not violate any applicable law or infringe the rights of any other person. Never use language that may be considered harmful, profane, obscene, discriminatory, defamatory, hateful, abusive, threatening, or otherwise offensive to other users.
- Do not send other users any kind of junk mail including spam, any type of unsolicited mass mail, marketing and sales pitch, or other kind of inappropriate e-mail.
- This site and all of its content, including text, graphics, and images, are protected by Canadian and foreign copyright laws. You have authorization from CPC to review and download a copy of the material on the site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not use content from this site for anything other than for non-commercial information purposes. Commercial use of this material without authorization from CPC may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
To ensure that the rules of engagement are enforced, moderators have the ability to edit, rename or delete any and/or all content posted. Repeat offenders will be removed and all access to the site will be revoked by CPC.
At Career Professionals of Canada (CPC), the privacy of your personal information is of primary importance to us. To ensure your privacy, we comply with both the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the provincial Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Personal information is only collected by us when you choose to provide it. By complying with this legislation, we continue to be committed to the protection of your personal information.
When you provide your personal information, we may use it as follows:
- To verify your identity and qualifications;
- To promote your profile through our on-line directory;
- To provide you with access to the site features;
- To enable you to network with other users;
- To provide you with information about CPC and our services.
Registration Information: Basic personal information such as name, company name, email, and location are collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of this site and as a user of the site. We also collect anonymous information to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics about visitors to this site; to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to report information in aggregate.
Personal Preferences: We respect your right to privacy and we understand that, as a visitor to this site, you prefer to control your own personal information and preferences. For this reason, we ask you to register and to provide personal information and preferences when you visit certain areas of the site, download documents, or request information. Certain information you provide will appear in our directory. Review your profile carefully to make sure it is what you want to feature. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password. Notify CPC immediately of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
Photo: As a site user, you give CPC permission to use your profile photo in any respectable manner, without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of these photos in promotional material in print or electronically. If we do this, we will provide you with notification by email.
Content: As a site user, you give CPC permission to use your comments in any respectable manner, without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, quoting you in promotional material in print or electronically. If we do this, we will provide you with notification by email.
Communications: If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication. We respect the rights you give us when opting to receive e-mail communications and we enforce internal policies to preserve those rights. In this case, your personal information may be used by us to contact you about other products or services that we or our affiliates offer and that may be of interest to you. It is our objective to retain the long-term ability to continue to communicate with you. If you do not want us to contact you, you may “opt out” of this preference at any time.
Polls and Surveys: You are given the option to participate in polls and surveys to enhance your learning experience. The information garnered from the polls and surveys may also be used to better understand the needs, profiles, and experience of users. CPC also publishes articles and reports based on information you provide. Unless expressly noted, no personal information is requested during such polls and surveys.
Third Party Use: We do not sell or rent your information to any external parties. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose such information for a designated purpose. Although we use all reasonable means to ensure that the information you provide to us is not used by third parties for purposes other than those described here, CPC is not responsible for any improper use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Safeguards: Where we consider it appropriate, we use encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain personal information. Emails are not necessarily secure. We do not share any sensitive information using this type of communication.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) has made reasonable commercial efforts to provide the most accurate and timely information available, all of which is subject to change.
From time to time, unexpected events might occur. We reserve the right to modify, cancel, interrupt, or reschedule any course or course content.
All content on this site, including all text, graphics, icons, images, audio or slidecasts and software is our property or the property of our licensors and subject to copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws.
To protect the electronic transmission of credit card numbers or other financial information, we do not request it directly on this site. However, we do not guarantee the security of any information directly transmitted to or from this site. The transmission of information, including by e-mail, over the Internet is not secure, and is by its nature subject to possible loss, interception or alteration.
We do not claim ownership of the materials that you may submit to us. By making a submission, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your submission, including, as applicable, the rights necessary for you to submit the submission. We are under no obligation to use or post any submission. However, by submitting material to us, you are granting us permission to reproduce and use your submissions for other purposes. Submissions will not be disclosed to third parties or put to any commercial use without your prior written permission. No compensation will be paid with respect to any submission unless separately agreed to in writing with you. CPC has no liability or responsibility for content posted by other users. As such, you may not make any claim or demand of any kind to CPC for damages, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with content that is posted.
To help users to find related information, we provide links and references to third party sites. These links are provided for convenience and for information purposes only. These links do not constitute affiliation, endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us of the third parties. We have not reviewed all of these third party sites and do not control and are not responsible for these sites or their content. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them, and we assume no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of any linked sites, as their privacy practices may differ from ours.
CPC does not necessarily endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with the comments, opinions or statements posted on this site. The information contained on this site is derived from many different sources. While we has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that all the information is from a reliable and reputable source and is accurate, CPC accepts no liability or responsibility for any acts or omissions, done or omitted in reliance, in whole or in part, on the information contained on this site. We take no responsibility for the manner in which this information is subsequently used or the results of such use.
The purpose of CPC content and forums is to provide information and facilitate general dialogue about various employment-related topics. No legal advice is being given and no attorney-client relationship created. CPC shall not be liable for any information provided herein. Users of information from this site, or any linked sites, do so at their own risk. You must not rely solely on information provided on this site; consult an attorney regarding your legal rights in your particular situation.
Information on this site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. While we endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this site. We may make changes to the material on this site, or to the products, program, sessions, services, policies and prices prescribed in it, at any time, at our own discretion and without notice being required. CPC may, without any liability, terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, features, and content at any time.
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in or completion of a course does not confer any academic credit. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a course unless you have earned a Course Certificate.
The site look and feel, layout, graphics, icons and images constitute trademarks and copyrighted works belonging to CPC. Our trademarks and content may not be reproduced or used in association with any products or services except as authorized by us. All trademarks not owned by us or our affiliates that appear on the site are the property of their respective owners.
No representations, conditions, warranties or guarantees are expressed or can be implied regarding the site, the programs, the services, or their use. Neither we nor our affiliates nor their respective employees, directors, shareholders, agents, third-party content providers or licensors, if any, will be liable for damages of any kind arising out of or from the use of the site. Your use of this site is at your own risk. You waive all express or implied representations, conditions, warranties and guarantees.