Academic Integrity Policy
As career professionals, we know, honour, and adhere to a personal and professional Code of Professional Conduct. This framework helps us to make thoughtful decisions and to uphold the quality and integrity of the services we provide.
Academic integrity is a commitment to the fundamental values of honesty, trust, fairness, respect, and responsibility, coupled with the courage to act on these principles.
Participants in our courses and programs commit to the following values:
- Honesty: Personal and intellectual honesty advances our quest for truth and knowledge in learning, teaching, research, and service.
- Trust: Mutual trust encourages and supports free exchange of ideas, which in turn, allows our scholarly inquiry to reach its fullest potential.
- Fairness: Equitable and predictable treatment establishes clear and transparent expectations, standards, and practices that support ethical learning communities.
- Respect: Respect for each other creates dynamic learning environments and fosters active engagement, including spirited debate, and lively disagreement over ideas.
- Responsibility: Responsibility cultivates personal and group accountability, coupled with a willingness to lead by example and uphold mutually agreed-upon standards.
- Courage: Courage enables us to hold ourselves and our colleagues to the highest standards of integrity even when doing so involves risk of negative consequences or personal costs.