Growing Your Career Service (Private Practice) (BUS-102)
Growing Your Career Service
BUS-102 – Online Course – Class size is limited.
Growing Your Career Service (Private Practice)
You’ve independently established a successful private practice and it’s getting busier every day.
- Is your business going through growing pains?
- Struggling to find the time to manage multiple priorities?
- Need a plan to effectively manage and build your business?
It is possible to be an effective career professional and a successful entrepreneur.
Change your entrepreneurial career practice forever!
Growing and managing an entrepreneurial career practice can be overwhelming. As your client base expands and you become more successful, you need new skills to manage the growing business.
An entrepreneurial career practice requires you to wear multiple hats. This course will provide you with business management strategies to help you manage your increasing workload. You’ll learn how to balance earning a reasonable living with your commitment to providing exceptional career services. You will identify appropriate boundaries to ensure your own self-care and well-being. You will explore the option of hiring subcontractors and outsourcing work. During the course, you’ll prepare your vision statement and present a comprehensive operational business plan to achieve your goals.
You can be an effective career professional and a successful entrepreneur!
This business management and development course will help you to:
- Make decisions for your business based on passion and not fear.
- Learn how to manage your increasing workload.
- Set appropriate fees and better manage your finances.
- Track prospects and take ownership of client relationships.
- Prioritize your own self-care and well-being.
- Shift your focus to your interests and talents.
- Learn how to establish an effective subcontracting and support system.
- Prepare and execute a vision statement and business plan for your practice.
- Position yourself to earn more income through your growing practice.
- Earn 15 hours towards any Continuing Education Credits (CECs) you require.
You’re going to love this business growth management program!
Course Number: BUS-102
Course Status: Registration Open
Course Duration: 1 Week | 15 hours
Course Prerequisite: Prior practical experience in the career development field is required. Practicing in an existing entrepreneurial private business is recommended.
Accreditation: Growing Your Career Service Course Certificate (upon successful completion).
This is an intensive 1-week distance learning course.
Throughout this 1-week fully facilitated course, you’ll actively cultivate your business development skills. You’ll take part in a range of activities for a dynamic, interactive learning experience: videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, and small projects. The course is structured so that you receive interesting and topical information, tips, and strategies. This format will provide current theory, strategic guidance, and practical experience through examples and application.
Join this fully-facilitated, part-time online course.
- You participate in the online class and complete daily assignments on your own schedule.
- You have full access to all course material, videos, quizzes, forums, and assignments at any day and time during the course.
- You work along with other students in the class and participate in group discussions.
- Your course instructor is available weekdays to review your progress and answer your questions.
Gain knowledge and build your expertise by focusing on your needs.
To give you highly personalized attention and mentoring, class sizes are limited. One-on-one support, group discussions, exercises, and follow-up assignments will enable you to actively develop your skills.
Your Master-Level Certified course instructor will be available to answer your questions. You’ll also connect and learn from other course participants. Through these interactions, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable your entrepreneurial career service to grow.
Students will be supplied with various resources and reference sheets along with additional relevant readings which will be posted on the course site.
Students must achieve an overall grade of at least 80% to successfully complete the course.
- Online assignments and group discussion participation (60%)
- Homework assignment submission of a business plan (40%)
Distance Education | Fully-Facilitated | Online Course
This custom-designed, fully-facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
As this course is offered online, you must have reliable internet access and be comfortable using internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
RATE Professional Members of Career Professionals of Canada $495 Supporting Organizations (ask for code) $693 Non-Members $990
Fees are paid at the time of registration for each course. Cost includes all required texts.