Labour Market Information for Career Professionals
Labour Market Information for Career Professionals
CAR-103 – Online Course – Class size is limited.
As a career professional, you know the value and importance of Labour Market Information (LMI). With a diverse clientele, it would be impossible for you to have all the national, regional, and local information readily accessible. However, you must support clients in learning about LMI. This course will enable you to help clients research, access, understand, and apply meaningful LMI in their career development efforts.
For clients to be able to obtain accurate Labour Market Information (LMI), they need to be able to do the required research. This course prepares you to better access, understand, and apply LMI in your work with clients. It will introduce you to strategies to help clients find, make sense, of and use LMI in meaningful ways. You will explore various useful tools and resources available across Canada. You will also learn how to integrate both formal and informal LMI. Through course discussions, you’ll build your own knowledge about the Canadian labour market, workforce, workplaces, occupations, and emerging opportunities.
Are you ready to provide outstanding Labour Market Information (LMI) support?
This intensive 1-week course helps you in several ways. You will:
- Define and understand Labour Market Information (LMI).
- Identify and select sources of reliable LMI appropriate for specific clients.
- Help clients to become more knowledgeable in the Canadian labour market.
- Support clients in becoming self-reliant when performing career research.
- Enable clients to match employment goals with possible occupations.
- Enhance your own occupational knowledge for the demographics you serve.
- Learn about educational and training programs that meet your client needs.
- Help clients to uncover relevant information about career and work opportunities.
- Position yourself to be more effective and earn more as a career professional.
- Earn 15 hours towards any Continuing Education Credits (CECs) you require.
This course will help you support clients in accessing and understanding LMI.
Course Number: CAR-103
Course Status: Registration Open
Course Duration: 1 Week | 15 hours
Course Prerequisite: Prior practical or academic experience in the career development or related field is recommended.
Accreditation: LMI for Career Professional Course Certificate (upon successful completion).
This is an intensive 1-week distance learning course.
Throughout this 1-week fully facilitated course, you’ll actively cultivate your ability to source and understand Labour Market Information (LMI). You’ll take part in a range of activities for a dynamic, interactive learning experience: videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, and small projects. The course is structured so that you receive interesting and topical information, tips, and strategies. This format will provide current theory, strategic guidance, and practical experience through examples and application.
Join this fully-facilitated, part-time online course.
- You participate in the online class and complete daily assignments on your own schedule.
- You have full access to all course material, videos, quizzes, forums, and assignments at any day and time during the course.
- You work along with other students in the class and participate in group discussions.
- Your course instructor is available weekdays to review your progress and answer your questions.
Gain knowledge and build your expertise by focusing on your needs.
To give you highly personalized attention and mentoring, class sizes are limited. One-on-one support, group discussions, exercises, and follow-up assignments will enable you to actively develop your skills.
Your Master-Level Certified course instructor will be available to answer your questions. You’ll also connect and learn from other course participants. Through these interactions, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable clients to succeed in their career and employment endeavours.
Students will be supplied with various resources and reference sheets along with additional relevant readings which will be posted on the course site.
Students must achieve an overall grade of at least 80% to successfully complete the course.
- Online assignments and group discussion participation (60%)
- Homework assignment submission of a case study (40%)
Distance Education | Fully-Facilitated | Online Course
This custom-designed, fully-facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
As this course is offered online, you must have reliable internet access and be comfortable using internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
RATE Professional Members of Career Professionals of Canada $295 Supporting Organizations (ask for code) $413 Non-Members $590
Fees are paid at the time of registration for each course. Cost includes all required texts.