Career Professionals of Canada
Courses for Career Professionals serving the Canadian Labour Market
Career Development Practitioner (CDP) Courses
CPC’s Professional Development Courses are ideal if you want to learn, develop, and grow.
Upgrade your competencies with Career Professionals of Canada’s Online CDP Courses.
- Courses are aligned to the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs).
- CDP-01 and CDP-02 will help you meet the mandatory minimum requirements for Ethics and Theory so that you can pursue your provincial Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) certification.
- Courses are also aligned to Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) Certifications. Once you complete the appropriate course, you can prepare to Fast-Track your Career Professionals of Canada CRS, CIS, CES, and CCS Certifications.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CPC specializes in professional development for adults. The CDP training program is ideal for students who would like an intensive program that can be completed within short time frame. If you require a longer program that will provide you with additional credits towards your CCDP certification, check with your provincial association for a list of approved educational institutions.
UPCOMING COURSES & PRICING[table “2” not found /]
ONLINE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSE FORMAT
CPC’s fully facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
Proactive class participation is encouraged and required. Discussion forums enable you to participate when it is convenient for you, rather than at a specific time. A messaging system gives you real-time interaction between session leaders and other students who are online.
Since courses are offered online, you must have reliable Internet access and be comfortable using Internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
Workplaces that benefit from Online Courses for CDPs:
- Career Counselling Firms
- Corporate Human Resources
- Employment Agencies
- Guidance and Vocational Services
- Independent Career Practices
- Organizational Development Firms
- Outplacement Firms
- Professional Associations
- Recruitment Firms
- Rehabilitation Services
- Resume Writing Firms
- Social Services Organizations
- Universities and College Career Centres
Job Titles of students who benefit from CDP Professional Development Courses:
- Career Professional (Career Development Professional, Career Development Practitioner, Career Practitioner, Career Strategist, Career Consultant, Career Management Consultant, Career Coach, Career Counsellor, Career Support Worker, Career Educator)
- Employment Professional (Employment Practitioner, Employment Strategist, Employment Consultant, Employment Coach, Employment Counsellor, Employment Support Worker, Employment Educator)
- Outplacement Consultant (Outplacement Professional, Outplacement Practitioner, Outplacement Coach, Outplacement Counsellor)
- Interview Coach (Interview Consultant, Employment Interview Coach, Employment Interview Consultant, Interview Strategist, Employment Interview Strategist)
- Resume Writer (Resume Development Practitioner, Resume Strategist)
- Job Search Strategist (Job Search Consultant, Job Search Coach, Career Transition Strategist, Career Transition Consultant, Career Transition Coach, Social Media Strategist, Social Media Consultant, Social Networking Strategist, Social Networking Coach)
- Job Developer (Placement Coordinator, Work Experience Coordinator, Work Development Officer)
- Vocational Counsellor (Vocational Rehabilitation Worker, Rehabilitation Counsellor, Guidance Counsellor, Work Development Officer)