OVERVIEW | FORMAT | TEXT | COMPLETION | REGISTRATION
Employment Interview Coaching
CDP-03 – Certificate Course – Class size is limited.
Join us for a fully interactive strategic employment interview coaching course for practitioners. This program is designed to upgrade your skills and enable you to apply emotional intelligence, relationship building, value proposition, constructive feedback, and role-play in your client sessions.
This is an intensive 5-week distance learning course.
This course provides you with many opportunities to practice your interview coaching skills. You’ll uncover effective strategies and new responses to challenging traditional and behavioural interview questions. If you are serious about advancing your competency within the scope of employment interviews, or if you would like to be granted your Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) Certification in the future, you will discover that this course is designed to help you achieve your goal!
Join this fully-facilitated, part-time online program.
- You participate in the online class and complete daily assignments on your own schedule.
- You have full access to all course material, videos, quizzes, forums, and assignments at any day and time during the course.
- You work along with other students in the class and participate in group discussions.
- Your course instructor is available weekdays to review your progress and answer your questions.
Are you ready to take your interview coaching abilities to the next level?
This intensive 5-week course helps you in the following ways:
- Boost your confidence and talent in employment interview coaching.
- Learn to strategically support your clients to articulate their value proposition.
- Apply emotional intelligence in the coaching process.
- Study various types of interviews, interview questions, and answers.
- Get updated on Canadian legislation and legislative standards.
- Learn how reputation management, reference checking, negotiation contribute to interview success.
- Position yourself to earn more as one of the top interview consultants in Canada.
- Earn 50 hours towards any Continuing Education Credits (CECs) you require.
- Become eligible to Fast-Track the Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) credential.
Actively develop your Employment Interview Coaching competency.
Throughout this 5-week fully facilitated course, you’ll actively cultivate your employment interview coaching skills. You’ll take part in a range of activities for a dynamic, interactive learning experience: videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, and small projects. Each week is structured so that you receive interesting and topical information, tips, and strategies. This format will provide current theory, strategic guidance, and practical experience through examples and application.
Gain knowledge and build your expertise by focusing on your needs.
To give you highly personalized attention and mentoring, class sizes are limited. One-on-one support, group discussions, exercises, and follow-up assignments will enable you to actively develop your skills. Your Master-Level Certified course instructor will be available to answer your questions. You’ll also connect and learn from other course participants. Through these interactions, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable clients to succeed in their employment interviews.
Get valuable resource material that you will use again and again.
You will receive The Canadian Interview Strategist, the Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) Study eGuide, along with a comprehensive workbook and many sample documents. The eGuide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to enable practitioners to provide exemplary support and services. Many opportunities will be provided for you to become familiar with the material. This eGuide and associated resources will be an asset throughout your career.
Ready yourself for the next step in your employment interview coaching career.
Employment Interview Coaching and Consulting is designed as a preparatory and assessment program for those practitioners wishing to receive their Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) designation. Upon passing, you will be fully ready to apply for Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) certification through Career Professionals of Canada. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation through CPC’s CIS Fast-Track Program. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.
2017 PROGRAM RATE
Professional Members of Career Professionals of Canada and Supporting Organizations (ask for code) $495
Fees are paid at the time of registration for each course. Cost includes all required texts.
Some additional texts may be recommended, but are not mandatory.
Course Number: CDP-03
Course Status: Registration Open
Course Duration: 5 Weeks | 10 hours per week (50 hours)
Course Prerequisite: Prior employment interview coaching experience or a diploma in a related area is recommended.
Accreditation: Employment Interview Coaching Certificate (upon successful completion).
Distance Education | Fully Facilitated | Online Course
This custom-designed, fully facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
Proactive class participation is encouraged and required. Discussion forums enable you to participate when it is convenient for you, rather than at a specific time. A messaging system gives you real-time interaction between session leaders and other students who are online.
As this program is offered online, you must have reliable Internet access and be comfortable using Internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
You will be expected to spend a similar amount of time on this program as they would in a classroom-based environment of 50 hours over 5 weeks:
- WEEK 1 – Interview Strategy – The Interview Strategist, First Impressions, Emotional Intelligence, and Value Proposition.
- WEEK 2 – Interview Types – Types of Interviews, Behavioural Interviews, Interview Questions, and The Case Interview.
- WEEK 3 – Interview Support – Canadian Legislation, Reputation Management, and The Reference Check.
- WEEK 4 – Interview Success – Interview Negotiation and The Post Interview Debrief.
- WEEK 5 – Application Assignment – Practical Application Report.
REQUIRED TEXT | RECOMMENDED READING
Students will be supplied with The Canadian Interview Strategist, Career Professionals of Canada’s Certified Interview Strategist eGuide.
Students will also receive a comprehensive workbook along with additional relevant readings which will be posted on the course site.
All required text and course resources are supplied.
Students must achieve an overall grade of at least 80% to successfully complete the course. If absent or offline for more than one week, students are required to contact the instructor.
- Online assignments and group discussion participation (60%)
- Homework assignment submission of a practical application report (40%)
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to bypass the formal assessment of a case study and be considered for the Certified Interview Strategist (CIS) designation through CPC’s CIS Fast-Track Program. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.