Work-Life Coaching Certificate Course (CDP-102)
OVERVIEW | FORMAT | TEXT | COMPLETION | REGISTRATION
Work-Life Coaching (ALL NEW)
CDP-102 – Certificate Course – Class size is limited.
Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) Certification Preparation Course
Our world of work has changed a lot. We are living, learning, and working through a unique and difficult time that has never been encountered before. It is time to help our clients create sustainable and resilient careers in the new world of work.
As a Career Development Professional, you need to address the emerging needs of your clients and their employers. Join us for a work-life coaching course that is current and relevant to the new workplace. If you are a career coach, life skills coach, or wellness consultant, this course is ideal. You’ll receive information, tools, and resources to enable you to help your clients through this unprecedented time of change.
To be a work-life coach, you need to know how to help your clients with aspects of mental health and wellness, foundational life-skills, and career management skills. This course focuses broadly on these areas:
- Living: Skills related to self-care and wellbeing are required more than ever. Many of our clients need to learn and internalize foundational concepts including work-life balance, hope, resilience, and satisfaction.
- Learning: Many clients could use help and guidance in building certain essential and technical skills so that they can function in our new world of work.
- Working: Clients require specific skills to enable them to navigate, maintain, and develop their career while employed or self-employed.
This is an intensive 3-week distance learning course.
This interactive course focuses on the work-life skills that all clients require to be successful in living, learning, and working. You will gain broad knowledge and expertise to assist clients with building sustainable and resilient careers.
This course provides you with many opportunities to practice your work-life coaching skills. Through interactive discussion and facilitated exercises, you will deepen your competence in areas related to mental health and wellness, foundational life-skills, and career management.
If you would like to be granted your Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) designation in the future, you will discover that this course is designed to help you achieve your goal!
Join this fully-facilitated, part-time online course.
- You participate in the online class and complete daily assignments on your own schedule.
- You have full access to all course material, videos, quizzes, forums, and assignments at any time and day during the course.
- You work along with other students in the class and participate in group discussions.
- Your course instructor is available weekdays to review your progress and answer your questions.
Are you ready to take your work-life coaching abilities to the next level?
This intensive 3-week course helps you in several ways. You will:
- Boost your confidence and talent in work-life coaching.
- Study evidence-based self-care and well-being strategies.
- Learn about functional, literacy, and technical skills that all clients require.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of career management so that clients are equipped to succeed when employed.
- Position yourself to earn more as one of the top work-life coaches in Canada.
- Earn 45 hours towards any Continuing Education Credits (CECs) you require.
- Become eligible to Fast-Track the Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) credential.
Actively develop your strategic work-life coaching competency.
Throughout this fully-facilitated 3-week course, you’ll actively cultivate your strategic work-life coaching skills. You’ll take part in a range of activities for a dynamic, interactive learning experience: videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, and small projects. Each week is structured so that you receive interesting and topical information, tips, and strategies. This format will provide current theory, strategic guidance, and practical experience through examples and application.
Gain knowledge and build your expertise by focusing on your needs.
To give you highly personalized attention and mentoring, class sizes are limited. One-on-one support, group discussions, exercises, and follow-up assignments will enable you to actively develop your skills. Your Master-Level Certified course leader will be available to answer your questions. You’ll also connect with and learn from other course participants. Through these interactions, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable clients to succeed in their employment endeavours.
Get valuable resource material that you will use again and again.
You will receive The Canadian Work-Life Strategist, the Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) Study eGuide, along with resources, reference sheets, and samples. The eGuide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to enable practitioners to provide exemplary work-life coaching services. Many opportunities will be provided for you to become familiar with the material. This eGuide and associated resources will be assets throughout your career.
Ready yourself for the next step in your strategic work-life coaching career.
This Work-Life Coaching course is designed as a preparatory and assessment program for those practitioners wishing to receive their Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) designation. Upon passing, you will be fully ready to apply for Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) certification through Career Professionals of Canada. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation through CPC’s CWS Fast-Track Program. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.
RATE Professional Members of Career Professionals of Canada $495 Supporting Organizations (ask for code) $693 Non-Members $990
Fees are paid at the time of registration for each course. Cost includes all required texts.
Course Number: CDP-102
Course Status: Registration Open
Course Duration: 3 Weeks | 15 hours per week (45 hours)
Course Prerequisite: Prior strategic life-skills/wellness coaching, career management consulting experience, or a diploma in a related area is recommended.
Accreditation: Work-Life Coaching Certificate (upon successful completion).
Distance Education | Fully-Facilitated | Online Course
This custom-designed, fully-facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and program, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
Proactive class participation is encouraged and required. Discussion forums enable you to participate when it is convenient for you, rather than at a specific time. A messaging system gives you real-time interaction with your course instructor and other students who are online.
As this course is offered online, you must have reliable internet access and be comfortable using internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
You will be expected to spend a similar amount of time on this course as you would in a classroom-based environment of 45 hours over 3 weeks. The course will cover:
- Work-Life Foundation – The Work-Life Strategist, The World of Work, Work-Life Models, Practicing Ethically
- Living – Self-Care & Well-Being, Trauma-Informed Care, Positive Psychology
- Learning – Lifelong Learning, Essential Skills, Technical Skills
- Working – Career Well-Being, Job Maintenance, Career Progression
- Application Assignment – Case Study
Students will be supplied with The Canadian Work-Life Strategist, Career Professionals of Canada’s Certified Work-Life Strategist eGuide.
Students will also receive various resources and reference sheets along with additional relevant readings which will be posted on the course site.
All required text and course resources are supplied.
Students must achieve an overall grade of at least 80% to successfully complete the course.
- Online assignments and group discussion participation (60%)
- Homework assignment submission of a case study (40%)
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to bypass the formal assessment of a case study and be considered for the Certified Work-Life Strategist (CWS) designation through CPC’s CWS Fast-Track Program. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.