OVERVIEW | FORMAT | TEXT | COMPLETION | REGISTRATION
Career Transition Consulting
CDP-04 – Certificate Course – Class size is limited.
Join us for a strategic career transition consulting course for practitioners. If you are an employment consultant or job search strategist, this course is ideal. You’ll receive information, tools, and resources to enable you to help your clients with their job search and employment goals.
This is an intensive 5-week distance learning course.
This fully interactive course focuses on job search – the work search process and employment strategy. You will gain broad knowledge and expertise to assist clients with identifying their value proposition, developing a marketing plan, using social media, and networking successfully. This course provides you with many opportunities to practice your career transition consulting skills. If you are serious about advancing your competency within the scope of career transition and job search, or if you would like to be granted your Certified Employment Strategist (CES) Certification in the future, you will discover that this course is designed to help you achieve your goal!
Join this fully-facilitated, part-time online course.
- You participate in the online class and complete daily assignments on your own schedule.
- You have full access to all course material, videos, quizzes, forums, and assignments at any day and time during the course.
- You work along with other students in the class and participate in group discussions.
- Your course instructor is available weekdays to review your progress and answer your questions.
Are you ready to take your career transition consulting abilities to the next level?
This intensive 5-week course helps you in the following ways:
- Boost your confidence and talent in career transition consulting.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of Labour Market Information and Canadian legislation.
- Learn to strategically support your clients through the execution of their work search.
- Learn strategies including inner reflection, career branding, and reputation management.
- Update your competency in social media, social networking, and job search technology.
- Position yourself to earn more as one of the top employment consultants in Canada.
- Earn 50 hours towards any Continuing Education Credits (CECs) you require.
- Become eligible to Fast-Track the Certified Employment Strategist (CES) credential.
Actively develop your strategic career transition consulting competency.
Throughout this 5-week fully facilitated course, you’ll actively cultivate your strategic employment consulting skills. You’ll take part in a range of activities for a dynamic, interactive learning experience: videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, and small projects. Each week is structured so that you receive interesting and topical information, tips, and strategies. This format will provide current theory, strategic guidance, and practical experience through examples and application.
Gain knowledge and build your expertise by focusing on your needs.
To give you highly personalized attention and mentoring, class sizes are limited. One-on-one support, group discussions, exercises, and follow-up assignments will enable you to actively develop your skills. Your Master-Level Certified course leader will be available to answer your questions. You’ll also connect and learn from other course participants. Through these interactions, you will learn how and when to apply various techniques to enable clients to succeed in their employment endeavours.
Get valuable resource material that you will use again and again.
You will receive The Canadian Employment Strategist, the Certified Employment Strategist (CES) Study eGuide, along with a comprehensive workbook and many sample documents. The eGuide is a valuable resource. It thoroughly discusses current concepts and strategies to enable practitioners to provide exemplary career transition services. Many opportunities will be provided for you to become familiar with the material. This eGuide and associated resources will be an asset throughout your career.
Ready yourself for the next step in your strategic career transition consulting career.
Career Transition Consulting is designed as a preparatory and assessment program for those practitioners wishing to receive their Certified Employment Strategist (CES) designation. Upon passing, you will be fully ready to apply for Certified Employment Strategist (CES) certification through Career Professionals of Canada. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation through CPC’s CES Fast-Track Program. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.
2017 PROGRAM RATE Professional Members of Career Professionals of Canada and Supporting Organizations (ask for code) $495 Non-Members $990
Fees are paid at the time of registration for each course. Cost includes all required texts.
Some additional texts may be recommended, but are not mandatory.
Course Number: CDP-04
Course Status: Registration Open
Course Duration: 5 Weeks | 10 hours per week (50 hours)
Course Prerequisite: Prior strategic employment counselling/coaching/consulting experience or a diploma in a related area is recommended.
Accreditation: Career Transition Consulting Certificate (upon successful completion).
Distance Education | Fully Facilitated | Online Course
This custom-designed, fully facilitated online format is ideal for adult learners. When you register, you will receive login instructions by email so that you can get comfortable with the platform and course, and start your pre-course work right away.
The distance education format is a combination of videos, reading, quizzes, online discussions, reflection exercises, small projects, and final homework assignment. Your active participation in all these aspects enriches your learning experience.
Proactive class participation is encouraged and required. Discussion forums enable you to participate when it is convenient for you, rather than at a specific time. A messaging system gives you real-time interaction between course instructors and other students who are online.
As this course is offered online, you must have reliable Internet access and be comfortable using Internet technology, downloading resources, and communicating in discussion forums.
You will be expected to spend a similar amount of time on this course as you would in a classroom-based environment of 50 hours over 5 weeks:
- WEEK 1 – Employment Foundation – The Employment Strategist, Career Transition Essentials, Labour Market Information, and Canadian Legislation.
- WEEK 2 – Employment Fundamentals – Stress Management, Self Discovery and Inner Reflection, and Value Proposition and Career Branding.
- WEEK 3 – Job Search Essentials – Job Search Execution, Resume and Portfolio Development, and Employment Interviewing.
- WEEK 4 – Transition Support – Reputation Management, Social Media and Networking, and Leveraging Technologies.
- WEEK 5 – Application Assignment – Case Study.
Students will be supplied with The Canadian Employment Strategist, Career Professionals of Canada’s Certified Employment Strategist eGuide.
Students will also receive a comprehensive workbook along with additional relevant readings which will be posted on the course site.
All required text and course resources are supplied. In addition, we recommend the following reading list to supplement the course material: Best Canadian Resumes and Best Canadian Cover Letters.
Students must achieve an overall grade of at least 80% to successfully complete the course. If absent or offline for more than one week, students are required to contact the instructor.
- Online assignments and group discussion participation (60%)
- Homework assignment Submission of a Case Study (40%)
Upon successful completion of this program, students are eligible to bypass the formal assessment of a case study and be considered for the Certified Employment Strategist (CES) designation through CPC’s CES Fast-Track Program. Note that you must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience and you must pay the application fee to be granted the designation. Certification program costs are outlined on the Career Professionals of Canada website.