CPC Supporting Organization Program
Career Professionals of Canada (CPC) is setting the Canadian standard for excellence in our profession. Our new CPC Supporting Organization Program is designed to offer benefits to participating career development associations across Canada.
As a CPC Supporting Organization:
- Your association members will receive a 30% discount on all CPC courses and webinars.
- There is no requirement for your members to join CPC membership.
- Your members will be eligible for a lower group membership rate if they choose to join CPC.
Your organization will benefit in the following ways:
- Enhance your association’s benefits by adding new programs and opportunities for your members to receive professional development throughout the year.
- Upgrade the competencies of your members through excellent programming, current course content, well-respected and knowledgeable course leaders, and networking opportunities with engaged and interactive students.
- Grow your organization and grow your revenue through collaboration. CPC refers graduating students from your province to your association for membership, certification, and re-certification credits.
- Eliminate the infrastructure and administrative work involved in building an in-house professional development program. CPC fully administers a robust series of courses and delivers all training.
- Retain your members by providing access to required professional development. Your members acquire needed hours towards certification / re-certification.
- Provide a cost-effective training option for members in rural / remote areas. There is no travel required and your members can complete courses from the comfort of their home and office.
- Expand and diversify your institutional knowledge by giving your members a way to source new relationships, information, and resources from across Canada.
- Increase your association’s visibility. CPC features your association as a Supporting Organization on our website, along with other well-established and well-reputed participating organizations.
November 9, 2019 Discussion Meeting
- Charlene McLean – Saskatchewan, SKCDA, National Stakeholder Group
- Gillian Johnston – Ontario, CDPCBO, National Stakeholder Group
- Jon Fairweather – New Brunswick, 3CD, NBCDA, CDP Competency Project
- Lubica Keighery – British Columbia, BCCDA, National Stakeholder Group
- Paula Wischoff Yerama – Alberta, 3CD, CDAA, CDP Competency Project
- Sharon Graham – Ontario, CPC, 3CD, CDP Competency Project,
- Gabrielle LeClair – Ontario, CPC
- Gail Langlais – Manitoba, MACD
- Lisa Chaisson – Prince Edward Island, PEICDA
- Mike Jones – British Columbia, BCCDA
- Phil Ward – Nova Scotia, NSCDA
- Meeting Recording (Approximately 30 minutes)
- CPC Terms of Reference for Supporting Organizations
- Member Benefits for Supporting Organizations
- CPC 2020 Events Schedule
CPC courses are built on the Canadian Standards and Guidelines for Career Development Practitioners (S&Gs). In 2020, all our online courses will be better than ever. We’re updating them to become more current, compact, and collaborative. As part of our Future of CPC initiative, all courses will be refreshed with the most pertinent information for career development professionals. All 2020 courses will be modified to be immediately compliant with the new CDP Competency Framework as it is released.
Courses are fully facilitated. Our course leaders will provide your members with direction and support as they complete their program. Students receive outstanding content in a rich and intense learning environment. Students learn alongside other students. Our graduates say that this is a great way to create meaningful relationships while building current competencies.
Our part-time Career Development Practitioner (CDP) program includes five courses. CDP-01 and CDP-02 are for those students who wish to attain their Certified Career Development Practitioner (CCDP) designation. These courses are recognized by the Canadian Council for Career Development (3CD) and provincial associations. They will help your members meet your requirements for career development Ethics and Theory training so that they can become certified.
CPC webinars are a convenient and effective way to receive best practices, effective solutions, and quality resources related to career development. Your members get actionable training from some of Canada’s most respected experts. Webinars are run throughout the year and are 90 minutes in length. Each webinar focuses on a specific topic and are designed to help your members learn and grow.